I love sweet sticky spare ribs and slow-cooked brisket. And cornbread seems to be one of he best side dishes to this. After much searching and tweaking, I’m finally able to swear by a recipe. I love my cornbread sweet as I have a sweet tooth (a very bad thing for a diabetic to have!). So I eat this in reasonable quantities. But it is oh-so-yummy! It’s a recipe I’m proud to share with you.
- 160g polenta (fine ground)
- 125g all-purpose flour
- 100g sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 240ml milk
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Prepare 12 x 7.5 pan by lining with baking paper and greasing with butter and set aside.
- Mix polenta, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl with a balloon whisk until well-combined. Set aside.
- Beat egg, milk and vegetable oil together until well-combined. Add to polenta mixture in 3 parts. Once liquid mixture and dry mixture has been mixed together completely, allow to sit for 30 minutes so that polenta can absorb the liquid.
- Place in oven and cook for 20-22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- This recipe makes 20-24 squares.
1 thought on “Easy-peasy sweet cornbread”