It’s a Sunday all over again. Sometimes I wonder whether it’s really a sign that one is getting older that the days just whoosh past. I wonder why I always feel like there’s not enough time in the day to do everything that I want to do. I always feel like I’m not making the most of my time. I know there is more to life than efficiency, but I kind of feel like I’m supposed to accomplish more than I’m supposed to.
There was one task that I meant to do before Sunday lunchtime and I was quite pleased with myself when I managed to finish it by 4PM yesterday. I’m the worst procrastinator in the world but I do have off days.
Which brings me to my goals for 2016. I thought I’d set goals that were relatively sensible. I have this dream of turning my absorption about food into something that earns me money. I’m not quite sure yet how I’m going to get there and where “there” is, but this year, I want to do things that’ll help me find out where I want to go! So that being said, this is my working list (open to additions and amendments, of course!):
- Blog at least once a week. So at the end of the year, I should have at least 52 entries for this year!
- Learn a recipe a week – sweet or savoury. My goal really has been to cook through all my cookbooks. Not entirely sure I will want to do that because I’d rather bake cakes. But life is a balance. So I need to make sure I cook and bake!
- Finish my 2 CBT books. I need to finish them because I’m still working on my emotional equilibrium!
- Be more organised at work – the ultimate goal is to become more proactive than reactive. I used to be so organised. I used to multi-task ever so effciently. I want to get back to being Capability Jane and have a feeling of control over my work again.
- Learn that it is important to find that sweet spot where work and life are balanced. Work is important but so is my personal life and the relationships in it!
This is my working list. I think these goals are realistic. The first 3 items are easy enough to schedule in. But the last 2, well, these need sitting down and thinking about. It’s the thinking about that is easily injected with procrastination and avoidance. But I am working on that!
I am determined to make 2016 the year I certainly sort things out. My life is certainly more complicated than I want it. 2016 is the year I declutter and make sure I have only what is necessary and bring out what is surplus.