I was craving a banana cupcake (with peanut butter!) and, as luck would have it, I had just enough bananas to make up a batch of 12 cupcakes!
Sometimes, it’s the simple things that make me really happy. And sometimes, it’s just a banana cupcake!
It’s the easiest cupcake recipe that makes the moistest of cupcakes!
- 180g of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 150g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 75ml vegetable oil (or softened butter if you want a more luxurious treat)
- Preheat oven to 190°C (180°C for fan ovens).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix with a balloon whisk. If you’re making a Christmas version of this recipe, you can add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil and sugar. Mix until sugar granules appear to be smaller. Add the egg and mix until the mixture is smooth. Add the flour mixture in thirds.
- Mix in mashed bananas and stir until mashed bananas are well-distributed. Scoop into a muffin pan lined with cupcake cases.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. The cupcakes are completely cooked when a toothpick is inserted in the centre of a cupcake and it comes out clean.
- Makes 12 cupcakes exactly. I use an ice cream scooper to distribute the batter equally.